Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Okay, first things first: I don’t actually put parmesan in this recipe. But you can, and it’s pretty much a chicken parmesan recipe.
I like this recipe because it doesn’t require pounding out the meat (since it’s baked). It’s also completely cooked in a single cast-iron skillet, which makes for easy cleanup.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes (any style will do).
- 4 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs.
- ½ a sweet onion.
- a few sprigs of fresh oregano.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (pure or light, not extra virgin).
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp pepper.
- ¼ cup mozzarella or pizza cheese.
- 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375. Gather your ingredients.
- Finely chop half of the onion. Mince the garlic. Remove the oregano leaves from the stems and finely chop.
Tip: an easy way to remove oregano...
Continue reading →